Edible Michiana covers local food news in northern Indiana and southern Michigan online and in a quarterly print magazine.
- Hot dog! The Wiener Shack offers new takes on a summer staple (writer)
- Homegrown hues: Common plants create fantastic fabric dyes (writer)
Edible Phoenix covers local food news in Phoenix, Ariz., and the surrounding area online and in a quarterly print magazine.
- The Community Exchange Table: A farmers market within a farmers market (writer and photographer)
- Crazy Chile Farm: Effort adds spice to church’s outreach programs (writer)
- A Visit to Arizona Worm Farm (writer and photographer)
- Making the Cheese with Kathy Levine (writer and photographer)
The Farmer’s Exchange, a weekly agricultural publication covering northern Indiana and southern Michigan, is a print publication for rural readers with limited articles available online. Marlys has provided articles and photos for this weekly newspaper, including several written while she served as the Exchange’s statehouse agricultural correspondent. Following are a few examples of her work there.
- New Carlisle Residents Learn about Tax Abatements
- Farmers Wary of New Carlisle Development Plans
- Senate Passes ‘Indiana Grown’ Bill
- McKinney Says Tech Key to Dairy’s Future
- Bill Protects Kids Working on Parents’ Farms
- Ag Bills Signed Into Law
- Geigers Named Farm Family of the Year
- Dillon Freeman Shows Top Heifer at State Fair